Tuesday, January 02, 2007

5 Days to go and....

We have a problem. A long-ago injury has resurfaced and it has nothing to do with running. Before Hollyann was born, I hurt my hip when playing tennis with Barrett. Every once in a while. it flares up again. It feels like back pain but it is where my hip joint connects to my pelvis (these two bones are together and are not supposed to move but...) and there has been a little shift there. It is not all that painful - I mean, it hurts but it's not debilitating. My concern is this - will it heal before Sunday and even if it does, will it safe to run on? I have looked forward to this race since last May and the very thought of not being able to run is devastating. Will you pray with me? I have been camping out on my bedroom floor with the heating pad for the last two days with the hopes that I can heal it quickly with rest. While here, I've been reading and praying that the Lord will heal the shift and make it safe to run.

So that's what's needed right now. It's very frustrating to have this problem that isn't even running related! But I will have faith and pray and I'm hoping you will do the same. Thanks, in advance, for your help. I know the Lord will hear us!

No comments: