The weekend was very fun and we all had a great time. We left Friday morning and got there about 4:00. I went to the Health & Fitness Expo and Barrett took the kids to Downtown Disney and the Lego Store(Andrew's absolute favorite place on earth!) I met them for dinner at Rainforest Cafe and we had a great dinner. We all went to bed and got up bright & early to spend the day at Magic Kingdom. We did all of our favorite things and then I went back to the hotel to rest, leaving the rest to play in the park.

I got up at 2:45 am and got ready to catch the bus to Epcot & the race start. We did a lot of sitting around until, finally, the fireworks started the race in a very warm, very humid 65 degrees.
By the time the race was over, it was 85 degrees, very hot and very humid. So, needless to say, I did not set a personal record but I did finish and I have the medal to prove it :0) We did have a very good time and I met some really nice, interesting people from all over the country. Runners are really friendly people and I'm glad to be in their ranks.

Today, the kids actually got to school on time and with a bath and everything. They fell asleep in the car at about 7:45 last night and went straight to bed when we got home so they got a good night's sleep. I, on the other hand, was too pumped full of powerade & adrenaline to be able to sleep very well. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight, I'll tell you that!
I am very sore today but have no further injuries and as soon as the lactic acid leaves the area, I should be all better, ready to tackle the next challenge! My hip was completely healed by the time the race started and I've not had any trouble with it since. THANK YOU so much for all of your prayers. I gave you all plenty of my own on those long miles and I hope you all had a great Sunday morning and felt the presence of the Lord with you. I sure did or I surely would be lying in the ditch somewhere between Animal Kingdom & Epcot!





3 comments:
congrats! Iam proud of you!
I love your life. Can I move in with you...at least for a few months?
Oh Mama! I was just thinking the same thing about you! Your trip to Snow Mountain just made me so homesick - I want you to adopt me!
Post a Comment