Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Favorite Hummus MMMMMM!

I found a really yummy hummus at Whole Foods and then came home and found a recipe on the web so I thought I'd share it. It is really GOOD but I will say that 2 jalapenos without the seeds did not make it spicy enough for me. Maybe it was just that batch of jalapenos but I'd leave some seeds in next time. Enjoy!


Jalapeno & Cilantro Hummus
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (15oz) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 c good light olive oil 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and finely minced
3/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped

In a food processor or blender, puree garlic, beans, salt, and lime juice. Slowly stream in olive oil until well blended. Stir in jalapenos and cilantro. Allow a hour or so in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld. Serve with pita chips*, fresh veggies, tortilla chips, etc.

1 comment:

The Mama of the House said...

Oh, happy day! I've been craving hummus like nobody's business lately and you have the cure on your blog! You're the best!