Wednesday, January 17, 2007

News

I haven't really written an update for quite some time so I thought I'd do it now but what I'm really doing is trying to avoid work - don't tell me you've never done it!

We are back in the full swing of school again. The kids had Monday off and we did absolutely nothing (which was nice) and now they are back to school and just having a great time. They have both said, in the past week, that they don't want to leave Alabama. I feel bad about that but not bad enough to stay!

Barrett is taking a class on joint operations. He says it's not the most interesting class he's had so far but it should only last another couple of weeks. Tests are in class, which is better then take-home, so it does have some good points.

We are both taking some Bible studies for the New Year. I'm taking a class on Biblical Womanhood and Barrett's taking a men's class - both at church. I'm continuing to meet with my AF ladies on base on Monday nights. We have just finished a study and have decided to keep meeting but haven't chosen a study yet. I think the leader will have something new by Monday and we will start again. The Monday class is a very good mix, about 50/50 ACSC wives and Air War College wives. So we have some mentors in the class that have already been where we are going so it's nice. All wonderful ladies - I will miss them most!

Just got registration in the mail for spring soccer so I guess we will be starting with that again. Both kids say they are ready to start again and I love that they want to get out and stretch their legs.

I started research on DC yesterday. I know what school district we would like to be in but aren't sure about which school exactly. Houses in that area are little pricey (quite a bit above our housing allowance) but I'm positive that God has a house and school and church all picked out for us and I'm really not worried. I have made a few calls to friends in the area and hope they get back to me soon about how to get into a house in VA without ending up too poor :0)

I guess that's about it for now. We are all healthy and happy and just keep going with our limited activities until June and we move on. This year has been a wonderful break! If we haven't heard from you in awhile, drop us an email - we'd love to catch up with you!

No comments: