
I had my first of two 20 mile runs today and it went really well. I'm tired, of course, but I've found a secret weapon for the longest of your training runs. Energy drink by Mountain Dew called MDX. It's got all kinds of stimulants in it besides just caffeine so I'm sure it's not that good for you but it sure makes running a little easier. I've read that caffeine reduces your perceived exertion so while it does not really make you run faster or better, it makes you feel like you are not working very hard. Don't we all want that?? I don't recommend it for any purpose other than very long training runs because I guarantee that you will not sleep after taking advantage of it. I ran 20 miles today and I might not even sleep tonight! It will hit me at about 2:00 tomorrow afternoon and then I'll need a nap :0)
So if you are training for the Ironman Triathlon in Kona next year, keep MDX in mind - it will make the tough ones a little easier.




1 comment:
Wow! I wonder what that stuff does to nursing babies.... I could use the caffiene jolt almost daily just to get my regular stuff done but I'm thinking that might not be the way to go! Have I told you that I'm completely impressed that you run at all? Well, I am!
Post a Comment