Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pensacola

We had a very busy weekend. I think I asked Barrett twice, "Can you believe we crammed so much stuff into 2 days?" I took pictures of everything and it seems that each thing we did will have it's own section in the scrapbook! We had a really great time :0)

We left Friday morning because everyone was off of school and drove to Pensacola. We went straight to the Naval Air Station(NAS) and tried to find lunch. When we lived there, there was a really cool McDonald's on the base that was right on the water but we couldn't find it. We asked and found that it had been blown away by hurricane Ivan. How sad! It was a really neat place to eat - even if it was McDonald's. So we ate at the sandwich place at the Naval Aviation Museum. Then we walked to the Airshow and what a show it was! We saw lots of cool things but we mostly went to see the Blue Angels. We had never seen them and after seeing the Thunderbirds so many times, we thought we'd really better see the Blue Angels before we left the area again.

Then we spent some time at the Museum before it closed. Andrew was really loving all of it! He really couldn't commit to the Thunderbirds being better then the Blue Angels but said they were both cool. He thought all the plains at the museum were totally awesome and really loved looking at everything. I'm sure Hollyann would have loved it all, too, but she seemed to be coming down with something and really didn't feel well while we were there.

Then we found Bennigan's (which we haven't enjoyed since Colorado) ate dinner and then found our hotel. Hollyann finally threw up and felt much better afterward. We think she just got really hot at the airshow and just got dehydrated.

At bedtime, she wasn't feeling well again and started coughing and wheezing. Finally, she fell asleep but I slept fitfully making sure she was still breathing all thru the night.

I woke at 5:30am and got ready for the Wounded Warrior 4 mile Race back at NAS Pensacola. It was a beautiful morning and the race was really neat. I stayed to find out that I got 2nd place! How fun! It was not real hot but VERY humid right there on the coast. We sweat a lot but it was a good time.

After getting lost, I found my way back to the hotel to find Hollyann's eyes totally swollen up. So I guess she was having some sort of allergic reaction right before bed and maybe the whole day long. She had some allergies when we went to New Orleans, too, so maybe there is something close to the coast that doesn't agree with her. She is fine now and really did enjoy her weekend - even if she did have some funny little things to deal with.

Saturday we spent at the beach and then to Foley, AL to the outlets there. Everyone always raves about the outlets at Foley but they really aren't any better then SanDestin or Castle Rock. We enjoyed ourselves but don't feel like they are best outlets ever like we were expecting.

We made it home in time for bed and everyone slept just great. I gave Hollyann some Benedryl before bed and her eyes are all back to normal now. I guess we'll never know what she reacted to so badly.

All this to explain what all these pictures are about. The Blue Angels, the beach, Hollyann's eyes and Andrew feeding the seagulls. Enjoy!

No comments: