Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas! It's that time of year again and I just can't believe it! In some ways, the year has been very long but in other ways, it has just flown by. It seemed I was pregnant forever but ever since Hannah was born, the time will not stop speeding by. I can't believe she is almost 5 months old, the big kids are 9 and 7 and the school year is almost 1/2 over!
We hope you all are doing as great as we are. The baby is very happy and healthy. She could be sleeping better but isn't that what all parents of a new baby say? It could always be worse. Hollyann is doing great in 3rd grade at Sangster. She has a couple of fabulous teachers and comes home everyday having learned something new and really useful. She is in a new program that is more challenging to her but she loves it. Andrew is thriving in 1st grade. He loves his teacher and has shown a special interest in his Spanish class. Going all day, every day was hard for him to get used to but he's doing well now and if he could just get over this bugger of a cold, he would be super!
Barrett has been spending long hours at the office but as least he's keeping busy and the days are flying by for him. Working on the F-22 is very high profile and so every Senator, Congressman and General want to know what is going on with the program so he spends his days answering questions and preparing to answer more questions. He's not used to spending such long days at the office and he misses us as much as we miss him but he really likes the people he works with and the program so, for now, it's a pretty good place to be. We were talking just the other day about how much longer we will stay here and what will be next for us and he said that he is ready to go back to school, USAFA and teaching. Music to my ears! Me, too! Although it's still at least 5 years away, it's something we very much look forward to.
I don't ever say much about our little dog but some of you may wonder about him. He is at least 14 that we know of and acting his age. He is completely blind (we think he can see light but that's it) and doesn't hear all that well, either. He doesn't seem sad about it and still eats, sleeps and goes outside just fine so we will just keep doing what we are doing until he wears out completely. He is so stinkin' hardy, I'm not sure he will ever die but there will surely be a little whole in our family when he does. I say all this because I just can't imagine that he will be around next Christmas but you just never know. I put him out the morning and when he didn't come back in a couple of minutes, I went looking for him. The battery had died in his electric collar and he had wandered across the street. Didn't really run away as much wandered away and couldn't find his way back to the front door. I think he had no idea where he was or that he could be enjoying freedom. Poor guy!
We are headed to MI to spend Christmas with my brother and his family. My parents will be coming up from Parker and so we will all be together this year. That hasn't happened in I don't know how long. We are very much looking forward to it. I'm all done shopping and just look forward to spending time with family (mostly my husband) and staying warm together in their cozy little home. I will surely post many pictures of our Christmas with them.
Hope this finds you all well and enjoying the blessings that God has bestowed on us during this time of incredible change in our nations' history. What will 2009 hold? Only God knows but I'm sure it will be as adventurous and wonderful as 2008.

2 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

Great pics Suzann! The year HAS just flown by! We love you and miss you all!

the mccann clan said...

We got your great Christmas card today, and I enjoyed it as much as reading this update! Enjoy your Christmas in Michigan, we'll be thinking of you guys. Love you all.