



Trapp Family Lodge - soooooo awesome! If you are ever in Vermont, you really need to stop by. Maybe not spend the night, which we did, but you need to at least see it. So cute, so quaint and perfectly lovely. Beautiful scenery - the hills were alive with the sound of music!
Mark Twain's house in Connecticut. Very modern for it's time and memorable. Barrett and I liked it the best out of all the historic houses we've toured since coming to the east coast
Cabot Cheddar Cheese - the best cheddar in the world! We toured the factory and sampled the cheese. A great way to learn about dairy in Vermont.
Also in Vermont, Ben & Jerry's! Of course, we had to sample the ice cream there, too!
Vermont Teddy Bear Factory - we learned how they make these, too. Andrew's teacher said he didn't have to do his homework because he learned so much on his vacation!

When we left home on Friday night, we stopped in Harrisburg PA and spent the night on our way up to West Point. And what did we find in our hotel there? A cigarette machine! I had to take a picture of it because (A)it's a dinosaur and (B)isn't it illegal?
We just spent 5 days in New England and we had a great time! West Point was our first stop and we had so much fun. The weather was beautiful and the game was fun. The kids did great in the car and walking over a mile from parking to stadium!
Then we moved on to Connecticut and Mark Twain's house and a Lego Millyard. I have pictures of the house but not the millyard. We got to the museum 15 min before they closed and so we ran in and saw this HUGE lego display that took 3 years to build but I forgot the camera. Andrew was in awe and it was his favorite part.
Next was New Hampshire and we saw something there but I don't remember what mostly because there was a lot more to see in Vermont and it was my favorite. We saw Cabot Cheese, Ben & Jerry's, Apple Hollow Cider Mill, Trapp Family Lodge, and Vermont Teddy Bear. It was so beautiful and peaceful. We even drove thru Montpelier which is the smallest state capital with only a pop of 8,000.
Have you ever been to New England in the fall? Put it on the list of things you must do before you die - it is very impressive.




2 comments:
Wow! Y'all got around!! I LOVE New England in the Fall - definitely something I want to do again soon. It looks like you all had a lot of fun!
You'll have to tell me all about the Trapp Family Lodge - have I told you about the crush I've had on Christopher Plumber for ages?! ;o)
Rest up so you'll be ready for your trip here for Thanksgiving!! (Thank you for planning to come to us, by the way, I just don't think I could make the trip out there very successfully right now!!)
what is with the cigarette machine? Great photos thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment