Monday, June 23, 2008

Mini Vacation

All the big cousins at the park - Thomas was napping :0)
Andrew after squishing strawberries for Aunt Steph to make jam :0)
Hollyann and Thomas - right before Thomas puked on her.
Matthew & Katie squishing the berries we all picked that morning!

The kids & I went to Michigan to see my brother's family last week. We had so much fun. It was a short trip - only a couple of days but it was still fun. We left Monday and returned Thursday because we had things to do on Friday but we still had fun. I took a few pictures with Steph's camera because I couldn't find mine. I haven't gotten those pictures yet so I stole the ones Steph has on her blog. I have some on my phone, too, but I don't know how to get those off yet.

On the way home, the tranmission went out on the van....again! We were in town and close to home but still, it was a pain. I got off the highway and limped home in 2nd gear. We took it in the next morning and our mechanic was really sorry about it, fixed it really quickly and didn't charge a thing. It was just a bad part. He's such a cool guy. Wish we could share him with all of you. If you live in N VA and need a good mechanic, give us a call because he is really top-notch and we'd love to send some business his way.

3 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! What great pics of the kids smashing berries for jam - and a great activity too. We're glad you had fun. Keep us posted on all the fun summer activities you guys are up too!

The Wilhite Family said...

Glad you guys had fun!! We can't wait to see you in September!

Klavers from MI said...

It's hardly photo theft when you took the pictures! I am SO GLAD that you came to visit and that ya'll had FUN!!