Hannah will be 6 months old on Tues and we just can't believe it - time has gone so quickly. I remember going to a Bible Study in Albuquerque and our guest speaker said of the preschool years of childhood, "long days, short years." There have been some days that seemed would never end. Those when we were all so tired because she was up every hour in the night or those when she was teething and just needed the Motrin to kick in and go to bed. But the months have flown by and we wonder where our baby went. She is sitting up to play, sitting in the tub and playing with toys. She is eating some table food and will almost mug you for what you have if it looks good to her. Although, in actuality, she seems to be a picky eater. Her talking has gotten much more varied as she is making consonant sounds and "sings" with her voice going up and down. She studies us when we sign to her and hope that she will pick it up quickly when she is able.She is sleeping better all the time. We can put her down for a nap very awake and she will put herself to sleep with little effort. She is still waking too early in the morning but we are trying to keep her up later and are seeing results from that effort. She sleeps from about 9:00 pm to almost 6:00 am and we are hoping that once she is done with her antibiotics, she will sleep better. She had an ingrown toenail that needed attention and it is better so once the meds are done on Monday, we are hoping sleep will be longer.
She very much enjoys playing with Hollyann and Andrew. They take her downstairs to watch video games. They put her in a laundry basket and push her around the house. They give her endless hugs and kisses and never come or go without stopping to love on her.
She is right at 15 lbs. We haven't been to the dr yet as we have to get her ck ups and her shots back on schedule. We will go in the first part of Feb but with all the dr visits with her toe, she has been weighed quite a bit in the last week. She is fully outgrown her 3-6 month clothes and is moving onto the 6-9 month stuff. I just went thru her closet yesterday and took out all the tiny stuff.... how sad :0(
I hate to only talk about Hannah when we have 2 other wonderful children. But I have to say, they are still 9 and 7. They still feed and clothe themselves and haven't needed a diaper in some time. I'll let you know when there is an update on them.




4 comments:
What a doll!
Wow. Six months already, huh? The time truly has flown, I can't believe it! Love the new pics!
How cute is this little girl! I hadn't realized how much of your blog I have missed! I'm signing up right now to follow it!
She is getting so big!!! What great pics!
Post a Comment