

Our baby is 5 months old! Actually, she has been 5 months for a little over a week now but we can't seem to keep up! She is doing really great. Shortly before Christmas break, we had to take a little detour to the dr office and found her to be 13lb 4 oz. She had gained 1.5 lb in 3 weeks since starting solids! Poor baby - she'd been surviving on skim milk for 4 months :0) She was fine - we fed her around the clock and she was always content but it seems that her body was craving a little more and held on for dear life once it got that cereal! I would guess her to be about 14 lb by now and she is our little chunk :0) I'm guessing she is still not over 50% but she's big in our house and we love all her rolls.She is sitting up with support and can sit in her highchair without slumping to the side. We think she will be sitting on her own pretty soon. She doesn't like to lie down so she'll want to sit up as soon as she can.
After a terrible week of teething (no teeth yet, though) she is doing much better now and just laughs and talks all the time.
As for sleeping, Barrett finally put his foot down and kicked her out of our room. Andrew is camping with us until she sleeps through the night without fussing and then they'll be sharing until we move again. Since she has gained so much weight and eats applesauce happily, we decided to drop the 3:00 feeding and teach her to sleep through the night. By that I mean, let her scream until she figures it out. We started Thurs night and she cried off and on all night long. Then Friday night, she cried from 1:00am to 3:00am off and on. And then last night, we didn't hear anything from her until 6:10am. I think we may be getting there... but I've thought that before so we'll see how tonight goes. But I think she will get it. Trying to let her cry for only part of the night was confusing but now it's "no get up until morning" so we hope it will be more successful. She is so happy during the day that it's worth the tears at night - her's and mine :0)
She is comfortably in her 3-6 mo clothes and I'm hoping she can stay in them until she really is 6 mo before moving on to 6-9 mo. We are also hoping that all the spitting up will go by the wayside soon - yuck! We've never had a spitter before either and we are sick of it - we are always washing everything, twice!




1 comment:
I'm just now catching up on your last three posts - (I've had my nose burried in books the last few weeks) - but it was great to see all the pics and hear about Hannah at 5 months. I promise I'll try to update this week and get back to your e-mail then too, but family time in the living room awaits me now! :)
Post a Comment