Friday, October 10, 2008

10 weeks

We had our 2 month ck up this week and it went great. Some of you have heard my rants about the clinic at Ft Belvoir so I decided to move all of us over to the closest AFB. I was concerned because what if it's not good, what if it's not worth the much longer drive? But it was fantastic. Our new pediatrician is really sweet and really professional.
So how is our baby doing?
Really great! She is 10 lbs 11 oz (with her clothes on) and 21.75 in. We were told that she is in the 50% but I think that's because she started out big but her doc was very pleased, said she looked great and had nothing but positive things to say about her. We know she is perfect but it's nice to have her agree with us.
So after our great appointment (which was right on time), we had the dreaded shots. Again, she did great. Of course, she cried but not for long. She slept a lot the rest of the day and did not have a great night but otherwise, she was super with it all. We are so proud of her.
Everyone is always asking if she is always so calm, happy and good. Of course! She is a very good baby with a very pleasant disposition. Can't wait for all of you to meet her :0)
Now, you may ask, has she kept sleeping thru the night? No. And I'm afraid that once we start solids, we are gonna need to let her cry at night to get her to sleep thru. All the books make it sound like it just magically happens but not for us - it's gonna hurt but I'm sure by that time, we will be ready. I'm still pretty patient at night but that's gonna run out in the next month or so. You can pray for her if you think of it. We'd love for her to just sleep thru but it seems that she is getting into a habit of waking at 12:00 and 4:00 and we are gonna have to cry thru those in the next couple of months if they keep up.
But God is so good. I prayed and prayed for a good doctor and we definitely got that. I've been praying she would sleep thru the night for a long time so we are waiting for that positive answer soon. You can pray, too, and together, we can get her sleeping solidly for the benefit of us all :0)
PS We just found out this week that we are expecting a new neice/nephew next summer. Collin & Janelle are expecting their 3rd and we are so excited for them. I'm already praying that that baby sleeps thru the night quickly :0) Congrats - we are so happy for you!!!

2 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Sweet girl! She is just perfect!! I'm so glad the Pediatrician was better. I'll be praying for you and Hannah, and the new sleep schedule you'll be embarking on together. You're such a great Mom, she'll have it down in no time! We really can't wait to meet her at Thanksgiving!

Thank you, too, for the prayers for our newest little one. I should start praying about the sleeping stuff now too!! :) I'm sure Hope, Hannah and "the bun" will be fast friends too. Maybe we should start searching for "H" names, huh? ;o)

Much love to you 5!

The Wilhite Family said...

YAY for a good appointment! Hope weighed 11 lbs at 2 months, so she is actually really close to what Hope weighed and of course, we all know that Hope has NEVER had a weight issue!

Sorry that Hannah is not sleeping through yet. It seems like this phase of trying to get them to sleep through the night lasts forever. Keep it up! God will give you grace. You are doing a great job!