Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hannah Elyse





Our new baby is finally here! Hannah Elyse came after 13 hours of labor and an hour of pushing topped off with the vacuum extractor. I had an epidural and pitocin and every other thing we didn't want to do but, you know, when the day was over, we had a beautiful baby girl who is absolutely perfect with no after effects of all that intervention. So we will just thank the Good Lord that we were in a capable hospital that could help us or we might still be there and I might just want to die! She is 8 lb 9 oz and 20.5 in long. Pretty big for short, little me - probably why it took her so long to get here!


Everyone is just so in love and her little heiny hasn't seen much of her infant seat yet. Between her brother, her sister and her Grammy, she won't be by herself for some time to come.


Sandy and the kids cleaned the house from top to bottom while we were gone and it was such a wonderful surprise - we are so happy to be home.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, hospitals stink! But we are home and no one will bother us anymore so I need to let all that aggravation go!


We would love to hear from you so drop us an email, comment or even call - I promise to answer the phone :0)


5 comments:

Lee Goodwyn said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited I remembered your blog site!!! She is beautiful. I know Hollyann and Andrew are so excited! I hope y'all are doing well. Tell Hollyann I said hi!
-Lee Hastey Goodwyn

the mccann clan said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful, and we can't wait to meet our little niece... Thanksgiving won't come soon enough! Much love to you all - we'll give a call in a couple days once things settle down a bit.

Many blessings to your family of 5,
Janelle, Collin, Moira & Ian

EAz said...

congrats from the Hurst family! We were just wondering about this baby when we saw the cute pink "its a girl" sign in the yard and we knew she had arrived - finally.
Best wishes for lots of sleep
See you all at the bus stop.

The Wilhite Family said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are so excited for you!! She is SO beautiful!! We can't wait to meet her in just a little over a month! Hope the breastfeeding and the sleeping is going well!

Love you all!
Paige

Klavers from MI said...

Yeah for our new little bean! Perhaps she didn't feel so little.

Thank you for the pictures. Congratulations to mom, dad, grandmas and the whole family!!

Enjoy her little squishy newborn days and all the naps they hold!