Friday, August 24, 2007

On the Road Again

After a break of 7 months, I'm back at running. Not very far, yet, or very fast but I'm still out there. There are so many great trails around here and there is even a park with a beautiful lake that I visited on Monday. Running here will be much more fun than in Alabama, and I'm looking forward to it. It seemed that my body was falling apart after I stopped running and now that I'm back at it, a few miles at a time, all the aches & pains I was having are all disappearing - and even my foot, that had gotten so bad I went to a podiatrist & PT, is better. I guess we are meant to move.
I'm also stamping again. The demo I found is a very nice lady but don't really know how often I'll go to classes. She is very good and has lots of great ideas but I can get the same thing from Splitcoast if I try. And there aren't any people at her classes that I would hang out with so....we'll just see where that leads. I've been twice and it was fun but, as you all know, it can get expensive very quickly so maybe it's better to stay away :0)

2 comments:

Klavers from MI said...

Good for you girl! Yes, its move it or feel it spread and hurt. Do you have any races or upcoming goals? Let us know so we can cheer you on. Jeff is going to do a 10K in October and has this nutty idea that he is going to start doing duathlons. I am glad to be pregnant so I don't have to keep up with him....hes FAST! :) I am so slow now while pregnant it's laughable but I still do it cause nothing else makes me feel as sane as a serious workout!

the mccann clan said...

Good on you... I'm glad you're running again! Sorry the SU gal isn't what you were hoping for - maybe give it a little more time? Just don't stop stamping! I need my sister-stamper to bounce stuff off of! ;)