My Mother's Day was really good but I had to spend a few hours of the afternoon at Urgent Care with Andrew....again. He has strep - 5th time since Christmas and so we know, for certain, that he will have to have his tonsils out before heading to kindergarten in the fall. We have been advised by 2 different docs that doing it before we leave it not a good idea so we will wait. We were planning on going to see my brother after we got moved into our house and settled and we still really want to go but just don't know how that's all gonna work. We don't know anything yet as we don't even know who his doctor will be once we get there. So we are asking you to please pray for our little guy. Pray that he stays healthy during the transition when we really don't have a doctor. Pray that he doesn't make anyone else sick and that the constant illness in his throat and the antibiotics will not do any long term damage. I know that Jeff went thru this when he was a kid and so did Stephen and they are fine but still... he's my little boy and I don't want this summer to be too crappy for him.
On a lighter note, I had a great Mother's Day! My beautiful children brought me breakfast in bed. Andrew gave me a tile with his hand print, Hollyann gave me a petunia in a pot she decorated and the whole gang gave me some "Life is Good" PJs. It was very sweet and nice. Barrett even took some pictures so it will be a scrapbook page - someday. ;0)
Hope my mommy & my mommy-in-law & all the grammas had great days, too. And to all my sisters, I thought of you today and wished we could have had brunch together - I miss you all :0)
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Poor Andrew! I'm so sorry for him. I had my tonsils out when I was a youngun and it was GREAT! I got to eat popsicles and ice cream for a week. What is happier than that?
I hope he looks at it the same as you! But... I think he's gonna be a man and whine about it.
Post a Comment