Monday, February 02, 2009

New Family Member

As you read in our last post, we got a new car on Friday! A 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with only 25,000 miles on it. It should last us a while as you know we drive them for miles and miles and miles... Here is the link to the ad from the dealer but because it is sold, the ad might not remain on the site for much longer so if it doesn't work, I'll tell you a little about it.
While we really just wanted a van with as few miles as possible, I also wanted a few features that we had been missing. I wanted a DVD system, a sunroof, leather, stow n go seats, leather and GPS. I figured we weren't in a real big hurry so I could look around until I found just the right thing and this is the one. I got everything I wanted except GPS and that's OK because we have a portable one. It is a used car so it has a few door dings but otherwise, it is really nice. We really like exploring all the new features, including heated seats which is common with leather upholstry because it can get so cold in the winter. We have vowed that the DVD will only be used for road trips but the kids got to play with it on the way to church on Saturday and saw how it all works. I have been playing with the sunroof, the CD changer and all the new storage :0)
We prayed the Lord would bring just the right car for our family, just as He did last time. Of course, time will tell if it's as great as the last one but we are confident God provided what we needed and also what we wanted.



4 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Very cool! It looks like Kim & Tom's - they have the same color. I like the darker blue too, but Collin's sworn to never drive a dark blue colored anything again, after all those government vehicles in MT - lol! Enjoy! :)

the mccann clan said...

(Oh, and we LOVE our stow 'n go - I'm sure you guys will get a lot of use out of that feature!)

The Wilhite Family said...

LOVE the new van!!

Nina and John said...

Pretty car! Congrats!