Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lots of Stuff so keep scrolling....

This was our adventure to the Washington Monument. The day started out at about 70 degrees and by the time we got there, it was raining and freezing cold. So...we had to use our picnic blanket for the rain and wind and just wait our turn to get up the elevator to the top.

Peeking out the tiny windows at the top.

An example of what you see from up there.

We went to Williamsburg for Spring Break but we didn't do Colonial Williamsburg. We went to Jamestown & Yorktown and it was really cool. These are smaller and very interesting. Probably cheaper, too, but we had a great time and the kids are really learning a lot about both the Revolution & the Civil War.








A regular soldiers tent. They slept 6-8 men in this tiny tent - just on hay!

The garden at Yorktown. It was pretty impressive - they had a lot to choose from.


I needed a picture saying we were at Jamestown and this is the only one we could find close to the entrance of the building. So Andrew said he would stand by it so I could take a picture. But, he ended up lying down in the dirt - what a guy! What he does for his mama!

We also had our last ultrasound this week. It wasn't as fun as the last time. This lady wasn't as good and her accent was so thick, that we could hardly understand her. But she found all the parts, in the right places and the right sizes so we are good. She is measuring a tiny bit small (only 2 days) but it's good to know that she might come a little late. Waiting for her to come is going to hard enough so if I can mentally prepare myself, all the better. I'm sure it's the last one we will have but that's OK. We have found the stroller we were looking for, a loft bed for Andrew and misc other things so we are getting ready for baby. We have appreciated all of the name suggestions. But, we've had a couple of Elizabeths - that's Hollyann's middle name so we can't do that. We would like another "E" name with 3 or 4 syllables so keep sending suggestions - we still aren't settled on a middle name.

Spring Break has been fun and I've enjoyed just having the kids want to stay home in their PJs all day. We did go see Horton Hears a Who today (wait for the DVD) and they had a good time with that. I fell asleep but oh well. Barrett didn't even want to see it because he thinks, "How can you make a children's book into a 2 hour movie?" Well, he's right. Like I said, wait for the DVD. The animation was good and it's a good story but still...

We don't have plans for Easter but will have company next week. Our college friend, Jeremy, will be coming to house hunt. They are at ACSC right now and will be moving up in the summer. We hope he finds something close to us - we haven't been with them since USAFA so it will be fun to finally be stationed together.

Had enough? I know I should just post more often, then they wouldn't be so long. I'll try to do better.

3 comments:

the mccann clan said...

I like your long posts - the more the better - bring it on!! :) It looks like you guys had a great Spring Break, and we're glad all is well with baby sister too! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, it makes us feel (almost) like we're there too. Happiest of Easters to you all!

The Wilhite Family said...

E names I like:

Emery
Eleanor
Eden
Elise
Ella
Emily or Emaline
Emma
Eva
Evangeline
Evelyn

Just thought I would help! ;)

Klavers from MI said...

Go go gadget poster! Liked your about me list.....thought about copy-catting but realized I don't think all my answers would be as G-Rated ;) Guess we could do the....'for TV' version.

Elanor is nice....I like Amanda (I know it's not an E....just like it).

Hugs