Monday, April 30, 2007

Just a note

I have been monitoring the blogs of my friends and I notice that I haven't written in awhile.
We are just movin' along - getting ready for the end of the year & summer. The kids had spring break week before last and we just relaxed. We went to the beach (as you can see from the picture) and had a great time. The kids just love the water & sand. The weather was not great but we still got to play and we had a good time. Andrew likes the Williams' house almost as much as the beach and would move in with them if he could. He's been trying to figure out how to earn a Wii ever since. We were also down there with some friends from up here. They rented a beach house and we just met them on the beach for a morning. It was fun to have other kids to play with. They are a very sweet family and we will miss them. They are moving back to Washington state as we are moving to DC so we will be FAR apart for quite awhile. We will have to keep in touch with them and see where we both move after 3 years - you never know. Anyway, we had a great time. Spring Break wasn't much else. The kids made their own breakfast and lunch each day and helped with chores around the house - I reminded myself of my mother! They never said they were bored but if they were.....I'd have put them to work!
We ended the week at the urgent care center with both kids having strep....AGAIN! I'm so tired of it! The nurse said that maybe they needed to have their tonsils out. If they don't kick it with this round of antibiotics, we'll definately consider it. I just talked to another dr today and she said to wait until we moved so we'll have to see if they get better or not. They seem fine now but always seem fine while still on meds. Hollyann also got glasses over the break. She had trouble passing her eye test for her physical a couple of weeks ago so we took her in to find she was a little nearsighted. She doesn't need her glasses all the time so we are just leaving it up to her. She can wear the if she needs them and not if she doesn't. If she's like me, she'll need them all the time soon enough. She picked some cute frames of purple & pink - she looks precious and very chic :0) I'll have to take her picture and post it here.
I've started packing small things that we aren't going to be needing. Some winter clothes, knickknacks & pictures. Next will come scrapbooks and stuff. I've also done the books & games. I'll need to get to the top shelves of the kitchen, too. Want to make the week of packing as painless as possible. The kids are both going to camp the week of June 11-15. Hollyann to sleep-away camp with the girl scouts & Andrew to day camp at the YMCA in Millbrook. They are both very excited and so are we :0) Wish I could go instead of spending the week packing! They are going to VBS the week before that so they will be occupied plenty for the little bit of summer we have here in Prattville.
Hollyann and I are going to Mom & Me camp with the girl scouts this weekend and Barrett will take Andrew to Spiderman. We're gonna have fun :0) We have tried to take this year very easy but it seems that things are speeding up quite quickly.
I feel caught in-between right now. Not moved yet but ready to start something new and really get involved again. Ready for a new church with more to offer and more ways to serve. This church has been fun for us and we've learned a lot but it's a little small and most of the women work so there isn't much for stay-at-home moms during the week. Don't really want to volunteer for things but at the same time....I'm just ready to go.

We still have the end of school and all the parties. Barrett graduates on the 11th of June and he has lots of "stuff" before then. His graduation ball is the 9th and while it's in a parking lot in downtown Montgomery, it's supposed to be fun and we have to go so we'd better be excited about it.
I guess I should update this blog more often so that the posts are not so hideously big! Hope you survived :0) Miss you all and expect you to come visit VA ASAP!

No comments: