Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Visit with Papa & Mema

The kids with Papa at the Washington Monument.
Wow! Our personal tour of the West Wing of the White House - what a special treat!
The White House Press Room
The front of the White House that faces Pennsylvania Ave. Sandy, Paige - there is the baby bump. Enjoy it because you probably won't get another one :0)
We are having so much fun with Papa & Mema! We went and walked the mall on Friday, Papa & Mema stayed with the kids on Saturday so Barrett and I could get away for his birthday and our babymoon to Old Town Alexandria. Sunday, one of Barrett's classmates from ACSC gave us a tour of the Oval Office, the Roosevelt Room and the Cabinet Room and the whole deal. We didn't get to see the residential part but we'll do that another time. Then, yesterday, we went to the outlet mall and Sam's. When we got home, one of our lovely neighbors left a note on the motorhome saying we couldn't park it in the neighborhood or get a fine from the County. Well, isn't that kind!!?? I'm still having a hard time with it. Mom & Dad had to go down the street to Walmart and we miss them being right out front so much. I have lots of choice words for that anonymous neighbor that felt the need to ruin a perfectly lovely visit instead of knocking on our door and asking how much longer would they be here and be OK with only a couple more days. I guess they don't understand that it's been over a year since we've seen them, we are 2000 miles away from home and have been lonely for family. I hope they can sleep at night knowing that their cowardly, hateful actions have messed up our plans and visit. I think Mom & Dad are coming back tonight because there is a 48 hour window where you can park your RV to load and clean. And by then, they will be ready to go see Jeff & fam.
The motorhome issue aside, we have had so much fun and will miss them a lot when they go.

4 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

Thank you!!! You look SO cute!!! Glad you had fun with your family!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandy. You look very nice and what a great mom you are!We wish we could be there to see the cherry blossoms. They look beautiful.

the mccann clan said...

Yea - baby bump!!! You are SO cute, I don't know why you were so worried to show some preggie pics! It looks like you guys had a great DC trip and enjoyed your parents being there. We can't wait to come visit! :) Miss you guys!

Klavers from MI said...

Love the bump! See how much of a hottie ya are? Blooming in the spring! Glad you had a good visit. Don't worry the big Boss will take care of the neighbors....just pray for em and take them a cake! Auntie S