I got to go on the greatest adventure this weekend. I got to go home to Colorado for a couple of days and it was so fun. I got to see many good friends and spend lots of great time with my parents.
I am so blessed in so many ways. First, I have a wonderful husband that encouraged me to go and made it all possible by staying with the kids and taking the day off work. He did everything by himself all weekend and even got them off to school yesterday morning. And when I got home, the laundry was done and the house was clean - including the kids rooms! It was so wonderful! Can we keep it that way? I'll try :0)
Second, I have wonderful friends in Colorado that I've missed so much and still treasure every day. I got to spend tons of time with Jen, had dinner with Linda, Sheri & Reeda at Panera and another dinner with Shauna at Red Robin. We all got to catch up, eat yummy food and laugh & laugh. It was so fun. I had read a book that I wasn't sure about and it was so good to be able to discuss that with Godly, Christian woman and get their perspective (along with Mom & Dad.) I really learned a lot - about myself, about God and how wonderful all these people are in my life.
I was sure glad to come home and see my sweet husband and monkeys but, had they been with me, I'd probably be hiding out in my parents' basement trying not to return to real life.
And I brought a camera just so I could post things this morning and would you believe, I didn't take on single shot. I just forgot. So sorry there are no pictures but just know that I had a great time and am now ready to go the distance until July when I get my body back :0)
PS Congratulations to Mama of the House! He is beautiful and can't wait to see what his name is - for you always pick such great ones :0)
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I'm so glad you had the chance to go visit with friends and family! I wish you could've come to Howe with us though... we all definitely missed the "other" (to quote Hollyann) McCanns. Hope all is well now that you're back, and that you're enjoying a fabulous Valentine's day! We love you all!
I'm so glad you got to come home! And I'm sorry I missed you but I'm not good company now, anyway! :) Have a great week!
Sounds like you had lots of fun! You deserved it!
Horray for pep rallies of EVERY kind! Yes, we need Jesus now...and its super-refreshing to get a drink...HORRAY! I think your time line thing is cool.
According to the 'experts' today is due date....but I am going to go with 'in the fullness of time' because that is the BEST time for things to happen. New Klaver coming soon to a planet called earth!
Of course you are blessed to have friends like us. Then again, we are WAY blessed to have a friend like you! I have emailed you twice. Is it getting lost in cyber land? Call me!!
Post a Comment