Friday, June 22, 2007

On the move...




We are on the move :0) We have had a busy week of packing and cleaning but it's finally over and we are out of Prattville. It was a rough morning. We said good bye to our good friends. Hollyann and Andrew didn't really want to think about it and weren't very emotional when it came to saying good bye to their friends. On the flip side, Hollyann's friend, Grace, was a wreck. I know they are sad but wanted to be brave.
We went to Birmingham so Barrett could pick up his Father's Day present from the mall. We had lunch and then it was off to Chattanooga. Our afternoon was very quiet. I haven't been sleeping all that well with all the excitement & stress so I took a nap. The kids just played with some of the things I've been collecting for just this occasion. They have been SO good. They both seem excited but Andrew has said he doesn't want to go but Hollyann couldn't wait to get moving. That's my kids for you....totally different!
We spent all day Monday packing our trailer but were also waiting to hear from Barrett's brother, Stephen, that the baby they've been expecting was scheduled to be induced. We don't know the whole story, yet, as it was a rough day for Paige. Hours of induced labor and then 2 hours of pushing before a C-section was the best choice. Hope Sandra was born on Monday afternoon. 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long. She is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. We are excited for a new cousin/neice. Having a girl first seems to work well for our whole family so they are in for a treat :0)
I'll update you tomorrow after we spend the day at the TN Aquarium - which is supposed to be fabulous. I'll pray for a good night's sleep, too. I'm like a kid before a Disney vacation - can't sleep!

1 comment:

The Mama of the House said...

What a beautiful newborn. I'm sorry she had so much trouble. This whole giving birth thing is terrible and wonderful all at the same time.